CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 1, 2008

happy 1st birthday, benson!

I can't even believe that Benson is ONE today! This year has gone too fast. My baby is getting so big (if you call 17.5 lbs big for a 1yr old ! haha!)! Benson has never been a good sleeper, but everyone kept telling us that he'd be sleeping through the night by the time he was 1. Well,
Benson proved it right. For the last couple of nights (since his surgery) he's been sleeping pretty well, and even slept THROUGH THE NIGHT last night! I think it was his birthday present to me. We had the Wallace's over for a family party/dinner (hamburgers). Bailey has been SO excited for Benson's party/birthday. She's been telling everyone all about it. We decorated the house up really cute with yellow and blue streamers and green balloons. (We went for a 'baby boy' theme....see cake....)
Who does this look like? I was looking online for cake ideas, and Bailey and I saw a cake like this. Bailey thought it was SO funny, and it looked like Benz. I was feeling pretty crafty (It's all those "Ace of Cakes" episodes that I've DVR-ed) and replicated it. It was pretty fun.
Benson and Bailey LOVE presents! Benson got a lot of cute necessities...clothes, jammies, and TRUCKS!! Thanks everyone!!

You can see Benson had no reservations about getting the cake. Check out the ear...Cousin Gavin wanted in on the action! Benson liked the cake, and LOVED the ice-cream!

3 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

LOVE IT! He is such a little man beast now ;)

L3 said...

I loved the picture with Gummer Pyle-it-in's mouth open.
What a good sister to help open presents!

Tiffany Cheney said...

What a cute cake! Benson is already one?! Where does the time go!