CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

helping hands

There is a little boy in our ward that has been battling cancer for the last year or so. Bailey sees and hears about him in Primary, and has wanted to help do something for him, but I'm not really up to babysitting, making meals, or cleaning. Finally something came a long that I could do and Bailey could help with. He is 6 years old, but very small. The only hospital gowns that fit him are the 'baby' ones, which is SO not cool when you're six! Bailey picked out the fabric and 'helped' me cut it out. I sewed them together (really easy!) and yesterday Bailey drew him a picture and we took them over to him. I loved to see the excitement and joy on her face from giving service. She was literally jumping up and down when she gave the gowns to him! We definitely got more out of this project than this little boy.

2 comments:

Kate said...

That made me cry!

JackieB said...

ok, that was SO great of you guys!!!