CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

deep in the heart of texas

Exactly one year ago today, the kids and I moved to Texas. (Brandon came in May) So much has changed since then. Benson was just tiny, Bailey still such a little kid. Bailey has become so big and responsible. Benson seems like a totally different baby. He has so much personality and so much to say and do. While I miss my family terribly, I know that this move has been so good for our family. I haven't been back to Utah, and I can't wait to go in about 6 weeks! I have come to love a lot of things about Texas. For example: I've become a big fan and of 'ya'll'. It's really catchy and so much more efficient than 'you-all'. I'm 'fixin' to adopt some more vernacular in this next year. :) (now that I can understand it! Sometimes I swear my neighbor is speaking a totally different language!)

Top things I MISS about UTAH:
*MY FAMILY!!
*Friends
*Mountains
*"Dry Heat"
*Seasons
*Betos, LaCarretta, & Ottavios
*Cheap groceries
*Small town feel
*The hardest Part: An 8 month old Niece I've yet to kiss and hug.*
Top things I LOVE about TEXAS:
*My 'other' family
*My new friends
*Neighbors/friends for Bailey
*Green grass year-round
*Playing T-ball and soccer in the 'winter'
*Cheap houses
*Funny Church Marquis (it's the Bible Belt!)
*Great Tex-Mex!
*Southern Hospitality
*Chivalry
('sir', 'ma'am', and tiny little boys that will open the door for you)

2 comments:

Kate said...

Does the seamonkey have a winkie in the widget or is that just his umbilical cord?

Brianne & Jarod said...

I am SUPER happy that you live in Texas!