CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 5, 2007

a fisher-price family night



I've been reading Bailey and Benson all of our Thanksgiving books lately, and trying to teach Bay what Thanksgiving is all about (besides Turkey and Pie). Mostly she gets all confused, and just like to play "Pirates" with the Mayflower (which is a super-cute, super-fun toy, that I'll have to keep out all year!). So for Family Night, I read our "Pilgrim" book and re-enacted the story, complete with the Mayflower coming from England (the fireplace), across the ocean (aka: Benson's play mat) to America (the ottoman). It was fun, and she wanted to do the "Pilgrim Play" all by herself when it was over. Best of all, when we asked her questions about the story after, she really remembered and got it straight! Benson mostly just wanted to taste it all, so we let him chew on the Captain.

4 comments:

Kate said...

You're such a clever, good mom! I'll have to remember this for next year.

Brody's been using the Mayflower mom sent as a cargo ship for his Matchbox cars.

Brianne & Jarod said...

What a cute idea Loo! I LOVE it! I will have to remember that one for when Isaac is old enough. You have the best ideas! I am so happy to have you for a sister :) Can't wait to share and learn from you when I move down there for good :)

Looli said...

It is such a fun toy! Bailey plays so many things with it...."Pilgrims," "Cpt.Hook," "Rescue!," etc.

Amber said...

HELLO!!!! I am so happy that you guys have a blog - aren't they the best! It makes it so much easier to to keep in touch with people I think. Your family is ADORABLE as always!! I hope everything is going great! You can check out our blog at www.veryparry.blogspot.com
Zach posts weekly and I try to post a couple times a month as well. You can see pictures of our wee ones there!