CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

bucking tradition


my mother-in-law and I decided to buck tradition this year and go out to eat on Thanksgiving. We went to Cracker Barrel. Their turkey dinner was less than stellar, but I have to say, the over-all experience was very nice. It was nice to be able to spend the day relaxing with family. We had a busy week, though. Brandon took the entire week off, and we got a lot done around the house. We also finally registered my car in Texas (only because my UT registration was expiring), and we got our drivers licenses. I know those things are always a hassle, but as the saying goes, 'every thing's bigger in Texas.' Even the hassle. But I'm an official Texan now (oh, dear). We also did a bunch of yard work (which was completely destroyed yesterday morning when I came home to find a backhoe in my front yard digging everything up. The backhoe was there to 'remedy' our plumbing that was incorrectly installed causing our sewage to back up Monday night. But don't get me started. I just hope the big-bad-wolf never comes, because he'll blow our house of straw down.)

3 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

So..are we BUCKING Chirstmas dinner too? Where in the world did that phrase come from? Hey..I was thinking more about things last night..and if you have a little tub for babies..that would be great too! How abour Isaac just stays at your house for the 13 days were there??? I will even pay a fee for rented milk..he he he he

L3 said...

I think I would've had Benson for turkey dinner!

Looli said...

I'll take that cute little Taco! I don't have a baby tub anymore...but Becky does!