CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

broken

Notice anything?
When at 5 am both the girls were awake, I should have taken it as an omen and gone back to bed.
This morning, while I was nursing Bryn, Benson was sitting on one of the kitchen chairs having a snack. It was one of those slow motion falls that you can see happening, but just can't move quick enough. Benson fell off the chair onto his head and then rolled onto his shoulder. I was really worried because he fell directly on his head on the tile. I ran over to pick him up, and that's when I knew something was really wrong. He SCREAMED in pain when I lifted him up. Immediately he and I both knew that there was something wrong with his shoulder or collar bone. I hurried and gathered him and Bryn up and rushed him over the the ER (Bay was at preschool, and I called Guh to meet me at the ER. I couldn't get a hold of Brandon because last night Benson hid his phone somewhere...I had to have Jamie track him down at work, and then he met us there too). Benson screamed for a solid hour. When the drugs had set in and Benson was asleep (for a moment) they took and x-ray, and sure enough, he broke his clavicle. Poor little guy!
He's pretty thrashed in this picture. They had to cut his shirt off of him. He'll be wearing button-ups for the next few weeks. Unfortunately, the only thing that can be done for a broken collar bone is to immobilize it in a sling. That's not going so well for us.
Notice how red his eyes are? He's pretty much cried all day long. I can only imagine how painful and confusing it is for him. Worst of all...it's his right hand that has to be in a sling. He can't hardly play or eat or do anything. I had to pin the sling closed and then pin it to his body so he can't use it. He keeps forgetting about it and will try and move his arm, and then just SCREAM in agony. I feel so bad for him. It's going to be a long month.

3 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

Poor Benz! You are such a good mom, and amazing to handle so many things at one time! I sure hope that he is a little better today :)

CUTE POSTS!

Amber said...

Oh poor baby. That's so horrible. I hope he heals quickly!!

JackieB said...

Ouch! Poor little guy!