CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

update

ugh. I'm such a slacker. I just can find the time to blog anymore. I love to do it, and I know some of you (Leseberg's!) look forward to it. So for tonight, the 3 loads of laundry will go another day without being folded, the toys will stay scattered across the family room(it will give me something to dodge in the middle of the night), the birthday cake mess will crust onto my table and the dishes can ferment in the sink. Because the mess isn't going anywhere (unfortunately), but my memory may... so I'd better blog while I can still remember.

Here's the last two weeks in a nutshell...

Benson got Strep throat and two new teeth...which meant we didn't' get a lot of sleep, and he was really cranky (and so was I, from lack of sleep)...

...so he wanted to be held a lot. But at least every two hours my lap is occupied by Bryn. So big sister stepped up and held Benz while I was holding Bryn...

...and then held Bryn while I held Benson. (Musical laps) She's such a good sister and I'm SO glad that she LOVES to hold the baby!

...Bailey's not the only one who loves to love on the baby. Anytime I set Brynley down Benson 'shares' his lovies (ah-ah's and B's) with her and any other toys he thinks she might like. If she's in her crib, he just throws them in there...

...speaking of Brynley....check out the beautiful, long and CURLY lashes she has. They naturally curl up (or as Bailey says, "She has Aunt Becky eyes!"). Oh, she's going to be a heart breaker!
...speaking of heart breaker...
It was "Rodeo" week at preschool and pretty much everywhere else in Houston (This weekend kicks off the nearly month-long Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo...one of the biggest in the world, and a REALLY BIG deal here. All the schools and even ExxonMobil have dress-up days. And boy do they dress-up!) Is she a stinkin' cute cowgirl or what!! She loved it, too! Thanks for the boots, Guh W!! and the shirt, Gavin!! She even wore her Great-Grandfather's bolero necktie (or 'cowboy necklace' as Bailey called it!).
...Also at school...
Bailey's "Thursday Uniform."

...and we have to have MATCHING WILDCAT HAIR BOWS! I made these and some for all the girls in our ward that go to preschool with Bailey. Bow making is like therapy for me. I also learned how to make hooded bath towels a few weeks ago and that is my new craft baby. I'll post pictures of that another time.
...and finally... A Man Bag!
Benson loves to carry around this bag for his lovies and trucks and any other interesting treasures he may find(like rocks, goldfish snacks, small balls, sippy cups etc). (It's an upgrade from the red patent leather purse that he stole from Bailey and used as his man-bag.) He's not supposed to take his lovies outside because they get too dirty, so he puts the ah-ah's and B's in the bag and sets the bag on the driveway while we play outside. He even puts it over his shoulder like a purse. Even Dad has a 'purse'! Benson calls Brandon's brief case "Dada purse!" hahaha!!

2 comments:

L3 said...

Bryn already IS a heartbreaker! She's looking more like her own person now. Thanks so much for the posting - I can imagine how much it "costs" you in time. But, not just because WE love it, you will never regret recording the cute everyday things of your lives.

Kate said...

You'll never regret not doing your dishes immediately, but you will regret not writing down all these cute, fun things! The Brody Blog was the only baby book Brody had-- I'd imagine it's probably the same for Bryn, being #3 and all!