CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

you know you're a grandparent when...

I think the word "grandparent" is synonymous with the word "sucker." Case in point:
Saturday morning, about 8:00am.
Bailey: "Mom, can we go get doughnuts?"
Mom: "Not today."
Bailey: "Why?"
Mom: "Because that's a Guh Wallace or Papa Leseberg thing." (really it was because I'm too lazy and cheap, and they (and I) don't need to eat them)
Few minutes later while I'm making breakfast:
Bailey: "Mom, can I call Guh?"
Mom: "Sure." and I dial the phone not even thinking about our previous conversation.
Bailey: "Hi, Guh. Can you get me doughnuts? Please? I really, really want them. Mom won't take me. Dad's sleeping. I'll make you a picture with Olivia on it! Please??"
Meanwhile, I sit there, a little embarrassed, baffled, etc.
About 30 minutes later Guh showed up at the door with doughnuts (and doughnut balls) for the kids. What a nice Guh.

4 comments:

Brianne & Jarod said...

seriously...isn't she the best!

Sarah said...

That's the funniest thing I've ever heard of.

L3 said...

I couldn't have made it there in 30 minutes. . . .

Kate said...

LOL... you have a master manipulator on your hands!