CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 1, 2009

totally two


My baby boy turned two today! He's very good at being two.
(hence the finger in the nose)

SIZE: about 29lbs!!! He's gained over TEN POUNDS in the last year!! He's not our 'small fry' anymore. I'm not sure on the height...will find out on Friday at his last 'well-baby' check-up.

LIKES: Balls and trucks and trains and everything that goes along with it. Loves to play outside. Loves to watch the trash truck/men every Monday and Thursday mornings, coloring (especially if you draw him footballs/basketballs, etc).
Favorite Books: Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, The Wheels on the Truck, Good Night Moon, I Love Cats, The Fire Engine Book

FAVORITE FOODS: Scrambled Eggs, Hot Dogs, Nuggets, Noodles (of any kind), Oranges, "Roo-Roo" (rootbeer or any soda, BAD MOM!), fruit snacks, just about everything but oatmeal and milk.

Benson is very busy these days and into everything. But he is such a SWEETHEART and so lovey. He's our cute little goon. (derived from his made up song of 'goon-gahs') This last year has been such a blur. I can't believe Benson is two. He's growing up way too fast. He's such a talkative little goon now.

Benson got REALLY spoiled for his birthday. It pays to have a birthday not long after Christmas...Wal-Mart had GREAT clearances on their overstocks of toys, and Benson made out like a bandit. After cleaning up from the presents and trying to find a place for everything, I mean it this time when I say, I'm not getting anymore toys! and the kids don't need any more toys! The deals were just too good to pass up this time!
A ball shirt, which he tried to put on right away!
A very cool TRUCK book! He got so wrapped up in it that he didn't want to open any other presents.
My very own flashlight (no more stealing Bubba's!)!
Getting my geek on, with a new laptop (baby version)

Super cool Trash Truck! (actually to be P.C. it's a Recycling Truck)


Other presents: cute clothes, a car map, shopping cart (which he calls a truck), a train table, coloring books, ball books, Handy Manny Fix-It Truck, baseball tee (baby size) and Bubble Mower. Like I said, a BANDIT!

All six Wallace grandkids...this is rare that they are all holding still long enough to be in a picture together. So what if you can't see some of their faces. It's what you get when there are 6 kids under 6!

Party pooped-out!

Football cake. I "got my Duff on" as Brandon says (Duff Goldman, from Ace of Cakes), and made this cake. Benson was pretty excited about this. His two favorite things, a treat and a football, combined into one. Also because he got cake twice on his birthday...

...he and Bailey got to eat the cake scraps (from carving the football) after breakfast.


Ooops!, I didn't start recording until we finished the song. Benson did a good job of blowing out the candle and a good job of leaving a puddle of drool on the cake. Teething is hard!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I can't believe he's already two. Where did the last year go!

I'd say I was impressed by him putting on 10 lbs, but I put on 15 in the last year. ;)