CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Easter


It's been almost a month, but at least I'm finally getting to it...
So here's our Easter 2010 in few words and many pictures:


I found out that dying Easter Eggs isn't for the fainthearted.

While Brandon was at the Priesthood Session of General Conference, I dyed eggs with the kids. I'd been putting it off as long as possible, but finally gave in, as not to disappoint. I'm pretty sure it elevated my blood pressure by several points. We really missed going to Becky and Jamie's to dye eggs!

I made Benson strip down to his diaper. Would have done the same with Bay, but figured she's probably a little too old for that.



I realized while dying eggs that Benson's chubby little paws will probably be full fledged hands by next year. And I will miss them. I love soft little baby hands. I wanted to make sure I got a picture of Goon's to remember them. Bailey's disappeared overnight, it seemed. Being my first baby, I didn't know that would happen. I was sad to realize one day, when she was about 3.5, that her "paws" were gone, and she had real hands.



Speaking of "paws," I wasn't quite ready for these "paws" to be dipped in dye, just yet. So she kept happy and occupied with her Fruity Pebbles. She loves to eat these one-by-one, so it keeps her busy and happy for a L-O-N-G time.


Sunday Morning, the kids found their baskets, and then we watched General Conference. Then they donned their festive wear. I went a little carrot crazy and made the girls matching "pillowcase" dresses (from some 10+ yr old fabric from Guh L's stash!), and appliqued a shirt for Benson (and the Stewart Boys) to match. Then went to the Stewart's house for a big family dinner...



...desserts (that I made)...

...and a HUGE egg hunt with about 300 eggs!


I forgot to get a picture of it, but there were even eggs with binkies in them for the babies!!
It was a wonderful Easter!

3 comments:

L3 said...

Pam saw the pictures of the dresses and reminded me that I got the fabric from HER!! Who knows how old it is!

Brianne & Jarod said...

That cake was DIVINE!

Becky Wallace said...

WAHHHH!!! This makes me want to cry. I miss my kids!