CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 22, 2009

{he's baaaaaaaaack}

I made this cake for the Sock Hop's Cake Walk, but ended up not taking it (I realized I couldn't bake and frost and maneuver a cake and a double stroller into the school by myself all before naptime)

...But it didn't last long at home...

...and I caught Benson sneaking bites, more than once..
To be extra sneaky, he'd put the used fork back in the drawer so I wouldn't 'find' the evidence in the sink. Three weeks ago I couldn't get him to eat anything all day, and now I can't get him to stop eating EVERYTHING ALL DAY LONG! (Here's a typical breakfast lately: 2 bowls of Rice Chex, 1 yogurt drink, 1 cup of OJ, 1 bowl of Goldfish, 1 banana, and 4 chicken nuggets.) Eating this much at every meal pretty much means he eats nonstop, except when he's into trouble. After months of a sick, subdued little guy, I'm reeling over my new and improved vivacious two year old. He's constantly getting into everything (usually the pantry or candy jar) and driving his sisters nuts. He's also become very talkative and speaks much more clearly, except when he has his lie-on-the-floor-scream-my-lungs-out-hit-or-throw-anything-in-sight fits. Which are also more frequent now. But really, even though Benson's quite the handful now, I'm so happy he's recovered from his surgery and from a summer of sickness to be a happy, healthy, hungry boy.

1 comment:

L3 said...

Maybe he needs to come to Provo to fatten him up. We could just cruise Costco all day, taking samples. And, BTW, I'm guessing he dressed himself in the Halloween jammie pants and tie-dyed shirt?