CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 8, 2008

coming home

We came home from Methodist Willowbrook Hospital on Saturday, December 6, 2008.
I was ready to go home. I couldn't get much sleep or rest at the hospital, as I had someone constantly poking or prodding me or asking me questions constantly, even through the night. Except for when I actually needed something, then I couldn't ever find anyone.

I was ready to go first thing Saturday morning, although it took until about lunchtime before they let us out. I was glad to be able to go home, and glad Bryn was cleared to go. (She gave us a scare on Thursday night, choking on spit-up until her lips turned purple! Probably a reaction to the formula they gave her, but she's still really prone to spitting up, but not out. I have to keep her upright for 30 minutes after every feeding. Her bed is also tilted at an angle, and I'm constantly burping her to help her out. Poor little thing!)
The kids were so excited when we got home. Bailey wanted to hold Bryn right away, and much to our surprise, so did someone else...
As soon as Benson saw Bailey hold Bryn, he put his arms out to hold her. Anytime the baby is in the room, he says "Hi, BEBE!". He also likes to 'share' things with her. He's constantly throwing his "ah-ahs" (monkeys) on her, trading binkis, and even sharing his water bottle (we looked over to see him putting the huge water bottle on top of Bryn in the swing!).
He actually liked holding her and didn't want to give her up. The crusty look is because he didn't want his picture taken. (He doesn't want proof that he actually likes "BEBE".)

My life for the next few months/years. Please no comments on how old/tired/scary I look. I don't want proof of the scariness either. But I really do feel pretty good. I'm tired and have a lot of pain, but not as much as I did after I had Benson, and I don't really mind the tiredness. This will be our last baby and I am trying to cherish almost every minute of it. And it feels SO GREAT not to be pregnant anymore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how nice to be able to say "the last baby". Everyone wants to know how many we will have. I don't like that question. You all look healthy and happy. Congratulations, we miss you all.